PE and Sport Premium
The Government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum to schools since 2014 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This ring fenced funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and money is going directly to primary school Headteachers to spend on improving the quality and provision of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools and each year, schools are required to report on how much funding it has received and how this has been spent. Currently all schools with more than 17 pupils receive a lump sum of £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil.
At Shottermill Infant School :
Our Sports Premium allocation for 2018/19 is expected to be £17,670. We intend to use this funding to improve PE skills and participation in sport in the following ways ;
- Membership of Surrey Active
- Continued CPD to support high quality provision
- Purchase of new play equipment and renewal of older equipment
- Continue to offer a wide variety of after-school activity clubs with participation open to all pupils
- Funding travel costs to inter-school sporting taster sessions and competitive events, and contributing to confederation sports events.
For details and analysis on how we spent our 2017/18 funding click here.