Ofsted have produced a guide for Parents explaining what happens during a School inspection. Please click here to open the document.
Below is a link to our latest OFSTED report which was conducted in January 2023.
Key points from the report show that:
- Leaders believe that all pupils can succeed.
- Community spirit is at the heart of Shottermill Infant School. Pupils’ characters
develop early on, as they actively contribute to village life. Leaders proactively work
on pupils’ independence, and pupils are keen to help those in need.
- The school’s curriculum is ambitious and covers the scope of the national curriculum
and early years foundation stage.
- Reading is prioritised from the moment children begin in Reception Year. The school
follows a well-sequenced phonics programme.
- Teachers demonstrate good subject knowledge. When teaching the youngest
children, staff explain concepts clearly and with regular reinforcement of key
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are fully included in
school life and in accessing the curriculum.
- Leaders think smartly in educating the youngest children about how to keep safe.
They encourage each child to have a voice and speak up for help, whether it be
awareness of road safety, strangers, or how to protect their bodies through the