Required: September 2020
Closing Date for applications: 27 March 12 noon
Interviews w/b 20 April
The Governors, staff and children of Shottermill Infant School would like to appoint a passionate and dedicated person to lead our friendly, thriving community school.
Our current head is due to retire and we are looking for an inspirational and dynamic leader to build on her excellent work and take the school forward in its future development.
Shottermill Infant School is a successful and happy two-form entry school in Haslemere. It is situated in the heart of Shottermill, where it benefits from close links with the nearby Junior School and enjoys fantastic support from the local community.
We are looking for a leader who has:
- The energy, vision and experience to build on the school’s current achievements and drive its future success
- The ability to nurture a love of learning and create a positive and supportive environment for children, staff and parents alike
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with staff, children, parents and other partners
In return we can offer you:
- A happy school in a friendly small town with motivated and enthusiastic children
- An experienced, gifted and committed staff team
- A supportive and proactive board of governors
- Welcoming and supportive parents, friends and local community, including membership of Haslemere Confederation, a group of local schools which provide collective coaching and support
To find out more about our school, please visit our website or arrange a visit by calling the office on 01428 642902.
Job Profile and Person Specification
Chair of Governors Letter to Candidates
BURSAR/SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
Part-time and Permanent
19.5 hours a week over 3 days, 40 weeks a year
Salary - Surrey Pay Scale 8 - Full Time Equivalent £31,273 - £34,519; approximately £14,810 - £16,348 pro-rata
Closing date for applications - Monday 20 April at 12.00 noon
Start date - end of May 2020
We are looking to appoint a School Bursar / Business Manager. Our budget is currently well managed and we have robust policies and procedures in place. Applications are invited from experienced and adaptable business managers to join our inclusive school and play a key role in its future. You will work closely with the Head teacher, Governors and Senior Leadership team to continue to develop the school and share our commitment to the learning, progress and well-being of all our children and staff. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and resourceful professional. They will take the strategic lead in planning, development and monitoring of all finance, personnel and premises related issues. They will be able to communicate effectively at all levels and will also lead and manage our office and support teams.
We invite people from a range of professional backgrounds with strong finance/accounting skills who can demonstrate the ability to operate strategically and who share our passion for education to apply. Applications with a qualification in School Business Management or experience in school would be particularly welcome.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Have current knowledge and experience of working in finance and managing budgets, ideally in an educational setting.
• Be able to communicate effectively with staff and Governors.
• Be organised, approachable and have excellent people skills.
• Have experience of school I.T. systems (namely SIMS, FMS and Microsoft Office).
• Be competent and efficient in all areas of HR and follow the procedures and policies of safer recruitment.
• Manage the site and facilities across the school, which includes the delegation to others.
• Be self-motivated, hard working, flexible and happy to work as a member of a team managing busy situations professionally and sensitively
What we can offer:
• A supportive Governing Body, leadership team and external educational and finance consultants (Strictly Education).
• A vibrant environment in which to work with dedicated, enthusiastic and friendly staff.
• A well resourced school with delightful, happy pupils.
We are aiming to appoint the right candidate to start at the end of May. Visits to the school and meeting the Headteacher are very welcome.
Job Profile and Person Specification
Shottermill Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any role within the school will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and provide proof of qualifications.